Wacom Tablet Windows 7 Circle Clicks FIX!

DOES NOT WORK FOR WINDOWS 7 HOME VERSION,  all other versions with Local Group Editor work. Thanks Tim

I searched all over the net trying to find a solution to get rid of the little blue circles and radiate out whenever you click on the screen using a tablet. Or when you click and hold you get that circle that goes around the spot you clicked on. It is especially annoying when trying to use photoshop with it! Below is a quick fix that doesn’t to any damage to core services in your operating system like some “fixes” I found. Below is a built in bypass switch to windows 7 tablet circle clicks:

Run “gpedit.msc” (click start, in the box closest to the button type “gpedit.msc” without quotes)
Click ENTER. You should see this window:

Click User Configuration, then drop down Administrative Templates, then drop down Windows Components, then drop down Tablet PC. Finally click “Cursors”

Now double-click Turn off pen feedback. Click the radio button “enable” and click ok.

DONE! Now you close the windows and test it out. No more silly circles while using your awesome tablet!

I use a 9×12 Intuos 3, but since this is a windows based problem, this should apply to all other wacom tablets as well (probably any pen input device!)

Update 1/2/2011:

For some reason the circles have re-appeared. I’ll post when I’ve found a fix! Must have been a windows update of some sort.

Update 1/25/2011:

Must have been a windows update making the setting go back to default. Seems to work fine after making the setting change again.

Update 2/17/2011:

As Tim mentioned in the comments, this trick does not work for windows home version. If you have a solution please post it! Many people are finding this very helpful.

32 Comments

1. nicolas says:

al finnn!!!!! funciono

2. Laz says:

thanks so much!!!!!!!

3. Gardraw says:

Thanks so much man, this is great!!!

4. Wafflo says:

I LOVE YOU!, thanks so much, those circles where annoying as hell

5. [...] Wacom Tablet Windows 7 Circle Clicks FIX! [...]

6. darbo says:

Those radiating circles were incredibly annoying and I too searched all over the Internet for a solution…and found yours! Thank you for solving this and posting the solution.

7. tim says:

don’t work on windows 7 home. i can’t open Local Group Policy Editor because it’s not there in premium

8. jotaele says:

THX THX THX!!! I cant believe this is not a user frinedly option!! its so hidden!
    btw, its a very interesting windows zone to know.many options here.

9. admin says:

Thats right, I forgot to mention that. This only works for Premium and above. I dont have a solution for that version, sorry

10. Samuel says:

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!! THAT CIRCLE WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

11. admin says:

No kidding, hopefully windows or wacom can build this into an update….

12. saul says:

Thank you so much. I tried about 15 different things. Those circles are the most annoying irritating drivel ever thought up on the computer. Amazing. Thanks again….

13. [...] esto que comencé a buscar la solución y no existe a simple vista es un poco complicado pero en este blog se explica de manera sencilla paso a paso. Desde que lo aplique no he tenido mayor problema y es [...]

14. Diego says:

que buenooooooooooooooooo!!!! good! funciona! works fine!

15. Travistico says:

Hey buddy thanks for the tips,

For those jut using windows 7 and cannot get it to work, I suggest you follow this guide from the microsoft website. You can easily apply the correct settings in the control panel.

Just go to start, Control Panel, then Pen and Touch.

After that select the action you’d like to edit… (in this case the Press and hold action under the pen action column). Select settings, uncheck the check box, and finally apply the settings!

After that leave feedback for your good friend to let him know if it worked or not.

Peace this helped steer me in the right direction to fix this annoying function after reinstalling my wacom drivers.

16. Sigma says:

Is there no hope for Windows 7 home users? It’s so annoying i can’t draw properly with this thing. : (

17. David says:

I think you might have saved my life, thanks!

18. Mark says:

Thanks for posting this fix — has been driving me crazy for months.

19. ynotbob says:

Thanks this windows fix saved my day! Been so annoyed with the circles!

20. Genis says:

Thanks a lot!!!!!
    this is the first post who gives the real solution!!!!
    U r the best!!!
    Can you re-invent windows, please?????

21. DAISY says:

Thank you….Just…Thank you.

22. Raky says:

Graciasss!!!! qué alegría y por fín!!!! Windows 7 Pro english y Wacom Intuos 4L
    Un saludo
    Thanksss allll!!!!!

23. O LA LA says:

Wow thanks, can’t understand Wacom makes such a stupic feature like this circle thing…

24. Rodrigo Dias says:

OMG!
    Thank you sooooooooooo much!!!!

25. Joel says:

OMG thank You!
    What a life saver!

Yes OMG is the right thing to say why in hell have they hidden this thing.
    The people at MS most totally have missed that artist´s also use computers.

26. Lozzy McLozz says:

27. Jordan says:

It’s not wacom.. it’s windows trying to make your life easy.. I really wish they wouldn’t, at least give you a ‘Stop me making your life a misery’ button somewhere..

First, make sure your tablet is plugged in and annoying you with circle glory..
    Open up services (run -> services) disable ‘tablet PC input service’ (R-click it -> properties -> Start up type -> disabled)
    Uninstall your wacom drivers (control panel -> Programs -> uninstall driver (in my case it’s called ‘Bamboo’)
    Let windows install it’s drivers, then re-install wacom’s over the top. Give it a bit and you should find it working :) (may want to restart in there somewhere too..)

Note this does get rid of things like snipping tool too.. (just use greenshot, which is better anyway)

28. Michel says:

Unfortunately I’m running windows 7 home premium with wacom Intuos 4 on bootcamp (Imac – dutch version).

It took me 5 minutes to figure it out. Tablet PC.

Step 1.
    Download and install latest driver from Wacom.

Step 2.
    Control panel>Administrative Tools>Services>Component Services>Services (Local)>Tablet PC Input Services>Properties>Start up Type: disabled

Step 3.
    Control panel>Programs>Programs and features>Tablet PC>Uninstall

Step 4.
    Control Panel>Pen and Touch>Change tablet pen settings

Uncheck ‘Enable press and hold for right-clicking’ in the Pen Options (you have to select the option and then click settings to disable it)

Now Go to the Flicks Tab and Uncheck “Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily”.

Step 5.
    Restart

You should find it works now. If Not?

Step 6,
    Buy a Mac.

Don’t you just love computing.

29. Slip frog says:

Thanks v much mate. Great fix.

30. Hokuto says:

Thanks so much; I tried both methods
    (1) gpedit.msc
    This didn’t work for me, but I left the settings as changed, then tried (2).

(2) Microsoft’s (via Travistico above) method using Control Panel, -> Pen and Touch
    This worked!

Thanks again!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, with both Japanese and English systems

31. phil says:

thanks man!!

after reading for hours and trying everything, thats the solution.

iam wondering why the guys from walcom not come out with this.

who wants to work with this stupid circle?

32. Alejandra says:

Thank you soooooo much! Worked GREAT. The circle appeared only a few days ago, and not only was it annoying, but it caused a delay in starting drawing. Playing drawing games like iSketch had become impossible for me. Awesome :D